A statement on behalf of the Fox entertainment brand said casino operator Genting Malaysia Bhd’s claim that Fox suitor Walt Disney Co had forced termination of a theme park deal was “simply made up”.
Disney for its part separately described as “utterly without merit” Genting Malaysia’s US$1-billion-plus lawsuit filed in the United States on Monday regarding a stalled plan for a Fox-branded theme park at Resorts World Genting, a casino resort near Malaysia’s capital Kuala Lumpur. Both refuting comments were carried out by multiple media outlets.
Fox Entertainment Group LLC and some related companies – plus Walt Disney Co – were named as defendants in the suit filed in the U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, California, confirmed Genting Malaysia in a filing to Bursa Malaysia on Tuesday.
Genting Malaysia might end up receiving at nil cost some form of new outdoor theme park if it wins the lawsuit, suggested a Tuesday note from Maybank Investment Bank Bhd, observing that the casino firm had said it had so far spent US$750 million on advancing the Hollywood-themed project it had planned with Fox.
Aug 16, 2019JP Morgan Securities (Asia Pacific) Ltd says it expects the protests that have been taking place for several weeks in Hong Kong to have a minor negative impact on Macau’s casino gross gaming...
Aug 16, 2019
Aug 16, 2019
"We’re not quite sure what’s going to happen in the world of junkets… it’s difficult to ignore the media and related responses in the case of Crown over the last few weeks”
Chief executive of SkyCity Entertainment Group