Casino services and property firm Macau Legend Development Ltd on Monday said it has received all the necessary permits from the Macau government to open its 444-room Harbourview Hotel.
The firm stated in a filing on Monday that the hotel is having a soft opening on Monday and an official opening on February 11. The company said in November that the hotel was ready for use, but had not received the government permissions it needed to open to the public.
The hotel will not have any gaming. But it is connected by bridge to the firm’s Babylon Casino. Both properties are part of the waterside development Macau Fisherman’s Wharf, in the downtown area. Macau Legend controls the site and is currently redeveloping it (pictured in a rendering).
Macau Legend said in another filing to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on October 28 that it had been granted “35 additional gaming tables” by the Macau government, which the company said would be deployed at Babylon Casino.
The table allocation comes via a local unit of SJM Holdings Ltd, which supplies the gaming licence for Macau Legend to operate its existing casino properties: Babylon Casino; and Pharaoh’s Palace Casino at the Landmark Hotel, also on Macau peninsula. The firm said in its third quarter report also issued on October 28, that as of September 30 it had a total of 150 gaming tables in its two casinos.
Macau Legend stated in its Monday filing, referring to the local casino regulator the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau, which is also known as DICJ: “As the redevelopment of the Macau Fisherman’s Wharf progresses, the board expects that more gaming tables would be granted by the DICJ to the company on an incremental basis to support the redevelopment of the Macau Fisherman’s Wharf.”
David Chow Kam Fai, co-chairman and chief executive of Macau Legend, is a former Macau legislator.
Aug 16, 2018Food and drink have been heavily marketed as part of Macau...
Jun 27, 2018Macau’s gaming law needs to be amended in order to...
Jun 25, 2018Electronic casino game distributor Asia Pioneer...
Sep 18, 2018The Macau government has yet to consider whether to make it compulsory for local casinos to suspend operations when Typhoon Signal No.8 or above is hoisted by the local weather bureau. So said on...
”Given that the blanket casino closure [in Macau due to Typhoon Mangkhut] happened on an all-important weekend day… we expect that somewhere between MOP1.1 billion [US$136.2 million] and MOP1.5 billion in GGR will be lost”
Analyst at Union Gaming Securities Asia