Macau-based casino operator Sands China Ltd says its new casino resort the Parisian Macao will feature a Michael Jackson-inspired show-in-residence – for a limited period.
The Parisian Macao (pictured) – located in Macau’s Cotai district – is schedule to open on September 13. The casino property will be Sands China’s fourth on Cotai and the fifth overall in Macau.
The production – “Thriller Live” – will run from September 30 to November 13, the casino operator said in a Thursday release. It will be held at the Parisian Macao’s 1,200-seat theatre.
Sands China said the show – originally based in London’s West End – has been performed more than 5,000 times and seen by approximately 4 million people in more than 30 countries. It is based on the musical legacy of American singer Michael Jackson, often dubbed “the King of Pop”.
The show announcement comes as the Macau government continues to pressure casino operators to increase the amount and type of non-gaming entertainment that will be offered in new casino resorts under development on Cotai. Macau’s Secretary for Economy and Finance, Lionel Leong Vai Tac, has repeatedly stated that the government’s allocation of new-to-market gaming tables for such resorts would be made based on “consideration of several factors”, including the new non-gaming features to be offered by each property.
Mr Leong last week told reporters the government was still assessing the Parisian Macao’s application for new-to-market gaming tables.
Ponte 16 – a casino hotel located on the Macau peninsula and partially owned by gaming operator SJM Holdings Ltd – also includes non-gaming attractions with a Michael Jackson theme, including props and costumes once used by the singer. The artiste died in June 2009.
Apr 06, 2020Macau has seen a net reduction of 191 non-resident workers employed in the local gaming industry during the months of February and March, according to figures provided to GGRAsia by the city’s...
Apr 06, 2020
"From 7 April 2020 [to 4 May 2020], all attractions, theme parks, museums and casinos [in Singapore] will be closed"
Ministry of Health of Singapore