Singapore casino resort Resorts World Sentosa is reopening its Maritime Experiential Museum (pictured) on December 29, it said in a press release on Tuesday.
The facility is opening its doors to the public “after nine months of extensive overhaul and reconceptualisation,” Resorts World Sentosa added. The casino resort is owned and operated by Genting Singapore Plc.
“The Maritime Experiential Museum celebrates man’s exploration and conquest of the seas through the eyes of… four renowned seafarers,” said Jason Horkin, senior vice president of attractions at Resorts World Sentosa, in a statement included in Tuesday’s release.
He added: “Our latest attraction, built with all-new immersive and interactive experiences, is sure to delight and engage all in the family.”
The revamped museum has a total of 15 galleries “including five brand new zones featuring never-before-seen content and installations,” Resorts World Sentosa said. It added that the museum featured visual projections, multimedia shows, interactive hands-on exhibits, olfactory experiences and several displays.
The Maritime Experiential Museum is one of the non-gaming attractions at Resorts World Sentosa.
Net profit at Genting Singapore rose 35 percent year-on-year in the third quarter, on gaming revenue up a more modest 11 percent, the firm said in November.
In a note following the results announcement by Genting Singapore, brokerage Sanford C. Bernstein Ltd said the casino operator was planning a SGD1-billion (US$744 million) revamp of Resorts World Sentosa. Quoting Genting Singapore’s management, it added that the project could take up to three years to be completed. “The company is still waiting for the government approval, but there will be no information likely until the first quarter of 2018,” the note added.
Jan 21, 2019Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte attended on Sunday the wake of Chinese-Filipino business magnate Henry Sy who died on Saturday at the age of 94. News of the death of Mr Sy (pictured) had been...
Jan 21, 2019
40 gaming tables
Granted by Macau's Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau to casino operator Melco Resorts and Entertainment in January