A public relations company acting on behalf of casino operator Melco Crown Entertainment Ltd says the gaming firm is delaying until Wednesday (August 5) an announcement on the opening date for the US$3.2-billion Macau casino resort Studio City (pictured).
Strategic Financial Relations Ltd had originally issued a press release on July 28 on behalf of its client, saying that a media tour of the Studio City site located on Cotai would take place on Monday, followed by an announcement on the opening date.
Harriette Wong of Strategic Financial, told GGRAsia by telephone on Friday: “The reason for moving it to Wednesday is that the boss, Mr Lawrence Ho, will be busy on Monday.” That was a reference to Lawrence Ho Yau Lung, co-chairman and chief executive of Melco Crown.
The casino firm is due to announce on Thursday its second quarter earnings.
Studio City is 60 percent owned by Melco Crown. No public announcement has been made so far on how many new-to-market gaming tables the Macau government will grant to the property.
Feb 18, 2019The Philippines’ Bureau of Internal Revenue has asked for cooperation from the country’s gaming regulator regarding a requirement that foreign and Philippine-based offshore gaming operators...
Feb 18, 2019
Feb 15, 2019
Gaming revenue for full-year 2018 recorded by South Korean casino operator Kangwon Land