Casino hotel Legend Palace – the latest property from Hong Kong-listed casino services firm Macau Legend Development Ltd – opens to the public today (February 27).
The opening celebrations for the project will include a hotel tour and a dinner, which will be attended by Macao government officials, according to the developer.
Macau Legend co-chairman and chief executive David Chow Kam Fai has previously said that the 223-room Legend Palace (pictured) would launch with up to 66 live-dealer gaming tables, with at least 46 of them earmarked for mass play.
“We are planning to house between 46 and 55 mass tables, plus 11 self-run VIP tables, during the grand opening period,” Mr Chow had said. There are “plans to open three” junket-promoted VIP rooms “at a later stage”, the Macau Legend CEO added.
The Macau government said a fortnight ago it was granting 15 new-to-market gaming tables – all earmarked for mass play – to the new hotel.
As a gaming services business, Macau Legend does not hold Macau table quota in its own right, but instead must rely on the quota of one of the existing Macau casino operators. It currently collaborates with SJM Holdings Ltd.
Legend Palace is the second new hotel under a redevelopment plan for Macau Fisherman’s Wharf. The first, Harbourview, opened in February 2015 but does not have gaming.
Work on the third new hotel under the Macau Fisherman’s Wharf revamp – the 500-room Legendale Hotel – has not yet started. The firm is awaiting government approval regarding the proposed height of the property, it said in its 2016 interim report.
Macau Legend currently runs two casinos in Macau: the Babylon Casino at Macau Fisherman’s Wharf and Pharaoh’s Palace Casino at the Landmark Macau casino hotel. The company currently has 179 gaming tables.
Apr 14, 2021Gaming technology compliance tester and consultancy, Gaming Laboratories International LLC (GLI), says it has promoted a number of executives, with James Maida, president and chief executive,...
Apr 14, 2021
”It is the expectation of Blackstone that it will receive probity approval to acquire 100 percent of Crown from each of the state gaming regulators [in Australia] by third-quarter 2021”
Australian casino operator Crown Resorts