Slot machine cabinet and games maker International Game Technology Plc says it has signed a patent cross-licensing agreement with the group of Austria-based gaming equipment supply companies that come under the Novomatic brand.
As a result of the agreement, the Novomatic Group can offer games – including patented game features – from the IGT portfolio, and will pay licensing fees to IGT, said a Tuesday announcement issued by IGT. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, with confidentiality cited as the reason.
Thomas Graf, chief technology officer of Novomatic AG, said in a prepared statement in the press release that the deal would give his firm “access to compelling product features that have proven to be successful in North America and international markets”.
The Novomatic Group has traditionally had a strong presence in European and South American markets. IGT claims to have the largest portfolio of slot game feature patents in North America.
Since the 2014 merger of the legacy IGT business in the United States and Italy-based gaming supplier GTech SpA, the new IGT has been building a network of cross-patent licensing agreements with other casino equipment suppliers.
“We welcome Novomatic to a comprehensive group of gaming industry leaders who have created a vast resource of game features patents,” said Michael Prescott, IGT’s senior vice president and general counsel, North America gaming and interactive, in prepared remarks in Tuesday’s release.
The Novomatic Group completed the acquisition in January of a 52-percent stake in Australian slot machine maker Ainsworth Game Technology Ltd. Harald Neumann, the Novomatic Group’s chief executive, said in December that the acquisition of the stake in Ainsworth Game would be “strategically very important” for the European firm.
In January the Novomatic Group appointed a vice president of business development and sales for Asia Pacific and said the move would support its expansion in the region.
Jul 17, 2018A total of 233 requests for exclusion from Macau casinos were received by the authorities in the first half of 2018, up from 179 exclusion bids in the first six months of 2017. There were 200...
Jul 16, 2018
Jul 16, 2018
"The President [Rodrigo Duterte] had already decided and announced that no construction of a casino on Boracay will be allowed”
Secretary Eduardo Año
Officer-in-charge at the Philippine Department of Local and Interior Government