Macau junket operator Tak Chun Group has “suspended” its VIP gaming operations at MGM Macau in order to relocate resources to the soon-to-open Parisian Macao on Cotai, the junket firm confirmed to GGRAsia.
Tak Chun Group – described by some investment analysts as one of the largest VIP gambling operations in the city – said the suspension of its junket operations at MGM China Holdings Ltd’s Macau peninsula property took place last month. Tak Chun had run a total of 15 VIP gaming tables at MGM Macau, an industry source separately told GGRAsia.
Tak Chun declined to discuss the scale and nature of its planned VIP gaming facilities at the Parisian Macao, a property which is to open on September 13. It had previously been confirmed that the junket group has 15 VIP gaming tables at Wynn Palace on Cotai, a resort that opened on August 22.
Casino operator Sands China Ltd has been granted a total of 100 new-to-market live dealer gaming tables for the mass segment on opening its US$2.7-billion Parisian Macao property. The company will be granted an additional 50 new-to-market tables in two separate phases: 25 tables on January 1, 2017; and the remaining 25 on January 1, 2018.
Sands China had previously stated the Parisian had capacity for up to 450 gaming tables.
Another Macau junket operator, Suncity Group – also said by investment analysts to be one of the biggest VIP gaming operators in the city – had previously confirmed to GGRAsia that it is to have VIP facilities in the Parisian Macao when it launches. Rival junket firm Guandong Group is also launching VIP gaming facilities at the Parisian Macao, according to a report in Macau’s Business Daily newspaper, on August 19.
Sep 23, 2020Macau’s ‘bubble’ for quarantine-free travel to the city by Chinese tourists is being widened from Wednesday (September 23), with the restart by mainland authorities country-wide of applications...
Increase in the tally of visitor arrivals in Macau in August compared to July