The 2016 edition of the Macao Gaming Show will take place one month earlier than usual, the organiser announced over the weekend. The trade show is scheduled for October 11 to 13, again at the Venetian Macao casino resort, on Cotai.
The new calendar means Macao Gaming Show 2016 will take place less than two weeks after the Global Gaming Expo (G2E), in Las Vegas, United States. G2E, as it is known in the industry, is one of the world’s largest trade expos for the gaming sector – it is organised by the American Gaming Association and Reed Exhibitions. The 2016 edition is scheduled for September 27 to 29.
The Macau Gaming Equipment Manufacturers Association, organiser of the Macao Gaming Show, said the new schedule decision was made “following consultation with key parties” during this year’s Macao Gaming Show, held earlier this month.
“The move is designed to further maximise interest at the show from the Chinese and Asian markets, with the new date falling immediately following China’s Golden Week national celebrations,” the organiser said in a release. The latter was a reference to a weeklong holiday period starting on October 1 to celebrate the establishment of the People’s Republic of China.
“This move will facilitate a key focus for commerce in the city, aligning us more closely with Macau’s major trading events,” Jay Chun (pictured), chairman of the Macau Gaming Equipment Manufacturers Association, said in a statement.
The annual Macao International Trade and Investment Fair traditionally happens in October. The 2016 edition will take place between October 20 and 23. It is Macau’s largest annual trade show, covering a wide range of business sectors.
Meanwhile, the organiser announced that the 2015 edition of Macao Gaming Show attracted a record number of exhibitors – 168 in total, up by 22 in comparison with the previous edition.
This year’s event occupied 12,000 square metres (129,167 sq feet) of exhibition space, nearly 20 percent larger than last year, it added.
Jul 16, 2018Casino gross gaming revenue (GGR) in Macau’s VIP segment expanded by 14.4 percent year-on-year in the second quarter of 2018, to MOP41.04 billion (US$5.13 billion), according to data released on...
Jul 16, 2018
"The President [Rodrigo Duterte] had already decided and announced that no construction of a casino on Boracay will be allowed”
Secretary Eduardo Año
Officer-in-charge at the Philippine Department of Local and Interior Government