Macau-based gaming operator Sands China Ltd has appointed Melina Leong (pictured) as chief operating officer of subsidiary Cotai Ferry Co Ltd, which operates Cotai Water Jet, Sands China’s ferry operations. Ms Leong, currently serving as Sands China’s senior vice president of public relations and community affairs, will take on the new role from January 1, 2015.
With the company for almost 10 years, Ms Leong “has played an important role in firmly establishing and enhancing Sands China’s credibility and image within the local community as well as in the international market,” the firm said in a statement on Monday.
It added: “The promotion of Ms Leong is in line with Sands China’s focus on developing local talent, as the company continues to advance and further develop its operations.”
The announcement follows the appointment of Lionel Leong Vai Tac, Ms Leong’s brother, as Macau’s next Secretary for Economy and Finance, the official overseeing the city’s casino industry.
Launched in November 2007, Cotai Water Jet provides ferry services between Macau and Hong Kong. The company is owned by Sands China but managed and operated by Hong Kong’s Chu Kong High Speed Ferry Co Ltd.
“It has always been one of the company’s goals to develop our team members and provide them with opportunities to further excel in their careers,” Sands China president and chief executive Edward Tracy said in Monday’s statement.
“Melina’s performance in public relations and community affairs has been outstanding and, being one of our long-serving locals, the company would like her to advance further and take up new challenges,” Mr Tracy added. “We are confident that she will lead the Cotai Water Jet team in taking this important business unit of the company to the next level.”
(Updated at 6.19pm)
Jul 16, 2018Casino gross gaming revenue (GGR) in Macau’s VIP segment expanded by 14.4 percent year-on-year in the second quarter of 2018, to MOP41.04 billion (US$5.13 billion), according to data released on...
Jul 16, 2018
"The President [Rodrigo Duterte] had already decided and announced that no construction of a casino on Boracay will be allowed”
Secretary Eduardo Año
Officer-in-charge at the Philippine Department of Local and Interior Government