The Philippines government has decided to place Metro Manila (pictured) and 38 other regions across the country under “alert level 1” from Tuesday (March 1), the lowest level of countermeasure against the further spread of Covid-19. Under the lowest level of restrictions, due to be in place until March 15, businesses will be able to operate at full capacity.
The announcement was made on Sunday by the office of the presidential spokesperson. It said the easing of the measures against Covid-19 had been approved by the country’s Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases.
The statement said the eased restrictions were being introduced as Metro Manila’s vaccination rate continued to rise, and the number of Covid-19 infections was declining.
Under “alert level 1”, people will still be required to wear face masks in public areas and indoor venues. Individuals aged 18 and above will also be required to present proof of full vaccination against Covid-19, before being able to take part in mass gatherings or entering indoor establishments.
Gaming floors at casino resorts at Entertainment City, in Manila, have been operating, albeit under limited capacity and with restrictions in place. The measures have included only allowing fully-vaccinated customers into casino premises, and limiting the number of players per gaming table.
Feb 01, 2023Macau recorded 965 “gaming-related” crimes in full-year 2022, down 29.7 percent on the 1,372 identified in the previous year, according to the latest statistics published on Tuesday by...
”Momentum is expected to grow as mainland China recently reopened its borders, and this presents a substantial growth potential for us as historically a large portion of our clientele came from China”
Non-executive chairman of Donaco International