Macau casino operator MGM China Holdings Ltd on Thursday said its board has declared an interim dividend of HKD0.116 (US$0.0148) per share for the six months ended June 30, 2017. The interim dividend, amounting to approximately HKD440.8 million in aggregate, is expected to be paid on September 8, the company said in a filing.
Hong Kong-listed MGM China said the final dividend represented nearly 35 percent of the firm’s profit attributable to its owners for the six months to June 30. U.S.-based casino operator MGM Resorts International controls a 56-percent stake in MGM China.
Net income attributable to MGM China’s owners was down by 2.3 percent from the prior year to approximately HKD1.27 billion for the first six months of 2017, according to Thursday’s filing.
MGM China saw its second-quarter revenue decrease 0.4 percent year-on-year, according to a filing released last week. Adjusted earnings before interest, taxation, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) for the April to June period fell by 1.5 percent to nearly HKD1.02 billion.
In Thursday’s filing, MGM China said its board declared the dividend after determining that the group “had sufficient resources after the payment of the interim dividend to finance its operations and expansion of its business, including the development of an additional casino and hotel complex in Cotai”.
MGM China currently operates a single property, MGM Macau (pictured), in the city’s traditional downtown casino district. The firm is currently building the HKD26-billion MGM Cotai, targeting for a fourth quarter opening.
“We are selectively allocating capital expenditure to enhance and refine MGM Macau and progress the development of our new MGM Cotai property,” said the Hong Kong-listed firm.
Japanese brokerage Nomura said in a report in May that it expected MGM China to contribute higher dividends to MGM Resorts in 2018 following the opening of MGM Cotai later this year.
Jul 16, 2018Casino gross gaming revenue (GGR) in Macau’s VIP segment expanded by 14.4 percent year-on-year in the second quarter of 2018, to MOP41.04 billion (US$5.13 billion), according to data released on...
Jul 16, 2018
"The President [Rodrigo Duterte] had already decided and announced that no construction of a casino on Boracay will be allowed”
Secretary Eduardo Año
Officer-in-charge at the Philippine Department of Local and Interior Government