A total of 355 people were excluded from Macau casinos in full-year 2015, up by 26.8 percent from the previous year, said the city’s casino regulator, the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau, which maintains the list.
The data show there were 328 self-exclusions last year, with the remaining 27 exclusions being applied for by third parties, such as family members.
The figures do not identify how many Macau residents have joined the casino exclusion scheme. Anyone doing so must agree in writing to be added to the exclusion list, regardless of whether they apply directly or the request is made by a family member.
The number of people applying to be excluded from Macau casinos has increased every year since the city’s casino exclusion scheme was introduced in November 2012.
Any person can apply to be excluded from entering casinos in Macau. The maximum exclusion period is two years but it can be extended. The applicant can apply for exclusion from all or just some casinos. Those who fail to comply with the exclusion order risk up to one year in jail or a fine.
Sep 21, 2020The August tally of visitor arrivals in Macau rose sharply compared to July, said a Monday announcement from the city’s Statistics and Census Service. The August numbers were 227,113, up 206.9...
Sep 21, 2020
”We are very pleased to have Mr [Levo] Chan joining as a strategic investor of the company. He has extensive experience in the Macau gaming and non-gaming industries”
Co-chairman of casino services firm Macau Legend