Macau’s latest casino resort, Wynn Palace, is to open on August 22, the project’s promoter confirmed in a statement issued on Monday.
Casino operator Wynn Macau Ltd said in a press release, speaking of its US$4.2-billion new Cotai venue: “The company expects that the opening of Wynn Palace will help launch a new era of prosperity for Macau, attracting more international tourists to the city and further supporting its development as a world centre of tourism and leisure.”
The opening date for the property had been put back several times.
Monday’s announcement added that the Wynn Palace hotel – a 1,700-room facility – is now accepting room reservations.
The announcement did not say how many gaming tables and electronic gaming machines Wynn Palace would have.
A number of investment analysts had said last week that they expected an official opening for the property on August 22, and that the hotel would take paying guests from August 23 onwards.
Jun 21, 2018John Shigley, chief operating officer (COO) of gaming for Macau casino firm MGM China Holdings Ltd, is to leave Macau “later this year”, the company confirmed in an email responding to an enquiry...
Year-on-year decline in overall turnover recorded in 2017 by South Korea’s foreigner-only casinos