Resorts World Las Vegas, a casino project in the United States to be developed by Genting Americas Inc, announced on Monday it had chosen W.A. Richardson Builders LLC (WARB) as construction manager for the scheme. Genting Americas expects full construction to begin later this year and is aiming for a 2020 opening.
“Bill Richardson [principal at WARB] has tackled complex, multi-billion-dollar projects in Las Vegas on time and on budget. We are confident that he and his team have the know-how to ensure that Resorts World Las Vegas will be constructed to the highest standards with maximum flexibility for future growth,” said Edward Farrell, president of Resorts World Las Vegas, in a prepared statement.
The property has been described by its promoter as the first major casino property to be built from the ground up in the Nevada gaming hub of Las Vegas for nearly a decade.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal quoted Mr Farrell as saying during a Monday event that the property remains on schedule to open by late 2020. “Once we mobilise, start to finish, it’ll be a three-year timeline, so we hope that by late 2020 we’ll be opening the property,” the executive reportedly said.
Monday’s release described the scheme (pictured in a rendering) – located on the Las Vegas Strip on the site of the former Stardust Casino – as a “multibillion-dollar integrated resort”, but didn’t specify the current budget. Investment analysts have previously mentioned a US$4-billion price tag. On Monday, a company spokesman told GGRAsia “there has not been an update” on capital expenditure for the scheme.
The Asian-themed casino resort is being built by Genting Americas, a unit of Malaysian conglomerate Genting Bhd. The Genting Group has been raising funds for, among other things, investment in the development of Resorts World Las Vegas.
According to Monday’s release, WARB will manage all aspects of construction on the 87-acre (35.2-hectare) site. The construction company has already been providing Resorts World Las Vegas with pre-construction services.
“We thank the Genting Group for the opportunity to assist them in building this next generation resort on the Las Vegas Strip,” said WARB’s Mr Richardson, as quoted in the release.
Also on Monday, Resorts World Las Vegas announced that it has finalised US$400 million in contracts to support construction of the casino resort.
Oct 14, 2019The tally of tourist arrivals to Macau this year will probably be “close to” 40 million, said the head of the Macao Government Tourism Office (MGTO), Maria Helena de Senna Fernandes, in comments...
Total number of licensed new-style smoking lounges – as required under recently-updated legislation – available in Macau gaming venues