U.S.-based casino operator MGM Resorts International is launching what it dubs “its first-ever corporate brand campaign”.
An advertising initiative – under the theme “Welcome to the Show” – was officially introduced over the weekend. The company said in a Monday press release the campaign “reflects MGM Resorts’ shift from [a] hospitality and gaming company to [a] global entertainment brand”.
Commenting on the new campaign, MGM Resorts chairman and chief executive Jim Murren said in a statement: “Our new Welcome to the Show campaign is an epic invitation, designed to declare our point of view to the world and tie together our deep and diverse portfolio of resorts, from those that define the famed Las Vegas Strip to those across the U.S. and around the world.”
The campaign, created by advertising agency McCann New York, is to be displayed on social, digital and mass-media platforms.
“[The campaign] communicates our clear aspiration to be first in the minds of consumers as a company that offers the most comprehensive entertainment experiences,” said Lilian Tomovich, chief experience and marketing officer of MGM Resorts, in a statement included in Monday’s press release.
MGM Resorts’ portfolio includes a total of 27 properties, mostly in the United States. The firm is the parent of Macau-based MGM China Holdings Ltd. The latter operates the MGM Macau casino hotel (pictured) in the Macau peninsula, and is building MGM Cotai, a new casino property in the Cotai district scheduled to open in the fourth quarter of 2017.
MGM Resorts is also interested in bidding for a casino gaming licence in Japan. The company had declared itself a candidate long before that country’s lawmakers passed on December 14 a bill to legalise such business.
Jul 16, 2018New research from JP Morgan Securities (Asia Pacific) Ltd advises investors in Macau gaming stocks to stay calm in the face of a disappointing second quarter and to take long positions. In its...
Jul 16, 2018
Jul 16, 2018
Jul 13, 2018
"The President [Rodrigo Duterte] had already decided and announced that no construction of a casino on Boracay will be allowed”
Secretary Eduardo Año
Officer-in-charge at the Philippine Department of Local and Interior Government