Authorities in Spain have received “several” bids for six casino licences on offer at BCN World, a large-scale entertainment complex planned for Barcelona. The deadline to present a bid was July 25.
Spanish news agency EFE reported that at least three international gaming operators, namely Hong Kong-listed Melco International Development Ltd, Hard Rock Cafe International Inc and Caesars Entertainment Corp, submitted bids.
Sources from the Spanish authorities told EFE that “several bids” were presented. The sources did not disclose the number of bids submitted or the names of the bidders.
Melco International, Hard Rock and Caesars Entertainment are all partnering with Veremonte España SL, the company promoting the BCN World project, according to media reports. Melco International has officially confirmed its involvement in the partnership. Veremonte is headed by Spanish businessman and entrepreneur Enrique Bañuelos.
Spanish media, quoting unnamed sources, last week reported that Malaysian conglomerate Genting Bhd might also file a bid to operate a casino in BCN World, independently from Veremonte.
BCN World is expected to include casinos, hotels, convention centres, leisure centres and residential areas. Each casino licensee would have to invest a minimum of EUR300 million (US$403 million) in BCN World.
Sep 19, 2018Nowadays, millennials, people who were born in the 1980s or...
Aug 16, 2018Food and drink have been heavily marketed as part of Macau...
Jun 27, 2018Macau’s gaming law needs to be amended in order to...
Nov 20, 2018Macau’s Judiciary Police has requested web hosting companies working outside Macau to block or remove so far a total of 237 alleged illicit gambling websites. So said on Tuesday Macau’s...
Nov 20, 2018
"In the coming year we plan to actively tap into the overseas markets by identifying new business locations, keep on expanding our empire and also enhance our VIP services and facilities"
Chief executive of Macau gambling junket investor Tak Chun Group