South Korea’s casino resort Paradise City welcomed a daily average of 3,100 visitors in the first 100 days of operation.
“Since the first phase opened, about 90 percent of hotel rooms have been occupied,” a Paradise City spokesperson told South Korea’s Chosun Ilbo newspaper.
The person added that the property (pictured) – which opened on April 20 – had since welcomed around 310,000 visitors. The project promoters previously had forecast the casino resort would receive about 1.5 million people in 2017.
Paradise City – dubbed by its developers as the first large-scale gaming resort in South Korea – features a foreigner-only casino. The property, developed by South Korea’s foreigner-only casino operator Paradise Co Ltd and Japanese pachinko operator Sega Sammy Holdings Inc, is located near Incheon International Airport. The latter serves the capital Seoul and is a major regional hub.
A second phase to Paradise City – to open in the first half of 2018 – will add further entertainment and leisure offerings to the complex, and a boutique hotel. The total investment amount for the 330,000-square-metre (3.58 million-sq-foot) site stands at about KRW1.3 trillion (US$1.16 billion), according to the promoters.
“The second phase is 55 percent finished,” the Paradise City spokesperson told the Chosun Ilbo.
Two additional large-scale gaming resorts have been announced for Incheon. Construction for the Inspire integrated resort scheme – by U.S. regional tribal casino operator Mohegan Gaming and Entertainment in partnership with South Korean chemicals manufacturer KCC Corp and Incheon International Airport Corp – is scheduled to start before the end of 2017.
The second project includes U.S.-based casino group Caesars Entertainment Corp and mainland China real estate developer Guangzhou R&F Properties Co Ltd. According to information provided by Caesars Entertainment management to GGRAsia earlier this month, major site works were scheduled to start within the current quarter.
Jul 16, 2018Casino gross gaming revenue (GGR) in Macau’s VIP segment expanded by 14.4 percent year-on-year in the second quarter of 2018, to MOP41.04 billion (US$5.13 billion), according to data released on...
Jul 16, 2018
"The President [Rodrigo Duterte] had already decided and announced that no construction of a casino on Boracay will be allowed”
Secretary Eduardo Año
Officer-in-charge at the Philippine Department of Local and Interior Government